Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Logistics, Logistics, Logistics!

For the last 5 years, I've been working at the Dallas Children's Advocacy Center and one of my favorite projects each year was working on the planning team for the Crimes Against Children Conference. I had NO IDEA how much God was training me for my role at Family Legacy.

I know many of you have never been to Camp LIFE before, but if you have, you know that there are a multitude of details that have to be in place for your trip and for camp as a whole to be successful. I have been the recipient of those organized details twice as a participant. Now, on the other side, I can appreciate so much more the hard work that goes into ensuring the success of 7 weeks of Camp LIFE with over 500 participants in Zambia, Africa!

Here's a quick inside look at what it takes to make this happen:

First, we have to send containers full of supplies over to Zambia early in the year so they make it there in time for Camp LIFE.

In case you're wondering, this is a shipping container...


















Loading the container... (yes that is LOTS of peanut butter - this is our lunch delicacy in Zambia every day)


















We also sort and distribute all of the participant t-shirts. LOTS and LOTS of t-shirts!









































Of course, there are a million other things that get done behind the scenes, but we don't typically take pictures at the office. :)

It is a lot of hard work but undoubtedly is a labor of love. I cannot wait for Camp LIFE to get started in 4 short weeks. Please be praying for the 500 Americans who will be with us this summer and for the thousands of Zambian orphans who will be forever impacted by this experience.

Blessings,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment